Sitting by the lake,throwing stones into the water, with the prestigious “VISIONARIES FOR TOMORROW AWARDS” cup beside me, I kept watching the ripple effect .I don’t Know why I was upset, neither do I know why I was there.Random thoughts of deep poverty stricken Indian slums and villages came to my mind.
“Why was I awarded that??” I kept thinking ,
For mentioning how backward our country is??
For explaining how deeply rooted we are into poverty?
For explaining Why the number of suicides by our farmers keeps increasing??
For explaining how selfish our politicians got?? And the scams they are into??
For explaining how corrupt our government officials and politicians have become??
…………………………………………
………………………………………….
Yeah , I got the answer.I mentioned more number of problems that India is facing than the others,the more number of explanations and proofs that we are deeply rooted into poverty and cannot develop as a nation."Fuck the debate..",I shouted with frustration.
Frustration dominated and it forced me to exhibit.I threw the prestigious “VISIONARIES FOR TOMORROW AWARDS" cup into water.I didn’t regret the act.
All of a sudden,I knew why I was upset.Why I was frustrated and Why I was at the lake.
I hated my self for winning the award for talking about the problems than their solutions.Whenever I have been in debates or discussions,I always encountered people talk and myself mention horrified shrieks like, “The politicians have ruined our country……They are 'sharks' and 'wolves' under the skin of human beings. They are cheaters etc……We the “citizens of tomorrow” should be given a chance etc etc.,”
Why didn’t I ever realize that “Tomorrow” of the phrase “Citizens of tomorrow”is today??
Why didn’t I realize that I turned into the citizen of tomorrow a long time back ??
Why didn’t I realize Its now the time for action ??
I then realized that I neither have the right to criticize about politics nor the corrupt government officials or politicians unless I show the guts to clear off the so called corrupt system or at least provide a practical and feasible solutions to the problem.Not only me,Neither do any other have the right to talk about the problems unless one provide a solution to the problem,I realized.
All that ,we the citizens of ‘today’ need is a little ‘INSPIRATION’ from the veterans.
With this thought I stood up with new enthusiasm and so did the prestigious cup that I thought was at the bottom of the lake,floated.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

nice.
ReplyDeletebut do u know why vISIONARIES FOR TOMORROW AWARDS are awarded??