She stood there,watching the rain outside the window, writing her name on the window pane and rubbing it off.She continued it for the next 3 hours.Rain drops fell into the room through the open window ,so did her tears.It is difficult to say which fell faster,tears or the rain drops.
She dressed well for the tution that day. It is me who pramodh is going to propose today she reminded herself happily after 1 month of coaxing him.Pramodh,neha are very good friends. Both walked back home, talking to each other.
"SO ,Today..you will tell me who it is..."asked neha..
"hmm....yeah.But you shouldn't say vidya."said pramodh.
Didn't he already know Vidya was her best friend and there was nothing on earth that she knew and Vidya didn't! Yet she nodded her head in a yes. Her heart beat at the speed of lightning. "Say it u fool!" she kept saying to herself.
He paused for a moment, looked down and said, "It love her, I love vidya."
She couldn't believe herslf.Tears rolled down her cheeks.
She wanted to run away.
"I love her eyes,I love the way she laughs.I need help,I need help and you are the one who can help me.please",he asked waiting for a reply eagerly ,hoping for a positive nod from neha for which she looked down to his feet and with words unable to come out of her mouth she said "I got some important work" and she ran away.Pramodh felt a little awkward and walked away too.
Now she understood the whole picture.The day before,when they all went to movie pramodh sat beside vidya.She reminded herself the days at canteen where he used to joke on neha and her hair style.She couldn't help herself,she started disliking herself.
After 3 hours of carving the window pane with her name,she decided what she's left with.In a bit of rage she took a knife from her messy cup board.She looked at the knife with no tears left to fall out of her eyes.She placed the knife against the wrist and pressed it.There was nothing that she could think of right now.
And then she felt excruciating pain, not more than the pain she felt inside about Pramodh and vidya .
Suddenly her phone beeped. She strained her eyes to see what it was.. "1 new message pramodh" .. she tried to view the message but the phone slipped out of her hand and so did her life.She fell to the floor,her hand still reaching out to that phone that she would never be able to hold again. And her eyes closed forever.
the message read:"Hey neha!!I was just bluffing you.I wanted to see your face just after I say I love sum1else.It was fun watching you this evening.I wasn't able to control my laughter.ROFL!!.I Love you more than any thing in the world.I know you love me too. call me back,I dont have balance."
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

screenplay of the post inspired from girls hostel video
ReplyDeletenice post... good narration
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete""call me back, dont have balance"
ReplyDeletethis is where hutch ka chota credit is useful dude!!!! (pJ)
nyway ....n1 n1 ... keep writing
hope neha isnt DEAD :P
btw: i dont understand how that video INSPIRED you to write this
To showcase how small practical jokes turn up into someones life is the idea that has been taken from the girls hostel video.
ReplyDelete